Thursday, September 29, 2011

my blog and my readers


i did not know the provider of my blog has a tracking device to keep score of amongst other stats, my readers and their country of origin.

taking last month into consideration, the numbers can be pretty revealing and my audience can be considered to be a global one. in terms of the country of origin, here's the top 5 countries where my readers come from:

1. singapore - 48%
2. united states - 16%
3. germany - 3%
4. malaysia - 3%
5. canada - 1%

if i list pageviews by browsers:

1. firefox - 32%
2. internet explorer - 30%
3. chrome - 9%
4. safari - 7%
5. opera - 2%

and pageview by operating systems:

1. windows - 60%
2. macintosh - 7%
3. linux - 5%
4. other unix - 4%
5. iphone - 3%

my comments:

dear readers, whoever u are or wherever u come from or your choice of browers or operating systems, u are welcome to my blog. i was told by my fellow promiseland bloggers that a very high percentage of their readers are probably 'competitors' from the financial industry be they insurance agents, bank advisers, and so on and so forth.

be that as it may, i have absolutely no qualms on sharing my knowledge with fellow financial professionals.

one stat that i'm certainly astonished with is the fact that more than 50% of the readers of my blog are not from my home country and hail as far away as the united states and latin america as well.

however, i have to learn to be more wise as there is always a risk of being taken for a ride as have happened far too many times in my 14 years in the financial industry.

and by God's grace, i shall continue to blog as often as i can when i first started to do so since the year 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment