Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the customer is always right?


just last week, an existing client called me (late at night) to inquire whether a claim can be submittted for a very minor injury sustained to one of the limbs in the course of work.

my client took up 2 policies from me, an integrated shield plan and a term plan with critical illness coverage.

based on what my client told me, my response was that none of the existing in-force policies provide coverage for the very minor injury sustained, but i can put in the claim nonetheless.

on hearing this, my client turned abusive and treated me to both verbal abuse and harasssment.

in addition, my client issued a clear threat to report me for being, in the words of my client; a lousy adviser.

my comments:

whenver i sit with any prospect/existing client, my advise is usually pretty comprehensive (after the mandatory financial needs analysis or fact finding) but the reality or the truth is, the person sitting in front of me will eitther plead affordability or budgetary constraints in taking up my recommendations.

it is the same story with this client and i believe i have done my utmost for the latter who is basically no different from any other person who reacts similarly when told a claim cannot be admitted even though they have no benefit/coverage in their existing insurance policies.

but this is a risk i have to face in my role as a financial adviser because no one client is alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment