Saturday, February 4, 2012

foreign maid insurance (2)


yesterday, i blogged on the abovementioned topic with a twist to the cancellation of the foreign maid insurance policy in terms of the refund being subjected to a penalty of 30% of the premium being imposed by ntuc-income on my client.

and this is the appeal which i lodged with ntuc-income on behalf of my client:

sorry to have to trouble u with regard to my case which is an appeal for the full refund of premium for foreign maid insurance policy number 5xxxxxxxxx.

what happened was my client's maid, ms xxx's test for pregnancy (while back home in indonesia) was positive and therefore, her in-principle approval by the ministry of manpower to work in singapore was cancelled.

because the policy, although incepted and issued is of no use to my client and the latter has just received a nasty surprise because the cheque for the refund (just received) amounted to only 70% of the premium paid for the policy.

but what is more significant is that my client has chosen to go with my recommendation and placed their trust in me because i mentioned that ntuc-income, being the only co-operative insurer is different because your ceo, mr tan suee chieh has said more than once that his job is not to maximise profits but putting people (first) before profits.

therefore, with a furious client confronting me and my tail between my legs, i'm formally appealing for my client's premium to be refunded in full.

ps: fyi, the maid agency recommended a foreign maid insurance plan from another insurer.

my comments:

sigh, the liability we shoulder when things go wrong, though no fault of anyone is something very real as this episode clearly illustrates. not to mention that i have to absorb the full costs of the 30% refund of the premium to my client from my own very small pockets.

nevertheless, i remain hopeful for the favourable response of my appeal from ntuc-income.

stay tuned.....

1 comment:

  1. I also bought the insurance from AIA on behalf of my client. Unfortunately, my client maid's couldn't come to Singapore. But, when AIA refund to the emp, they can get back only 70% from the company.We do appeal also no use. The girl totally couldn't even step into Singapore. But, AIA couldn't do the full refund which is totally not fair for the emp.

    ReplyDelete