Friday, January 14, 2011

my blog - readership


in a casual conversation with my fellow promiselander, wilfred ling, we talked about our blogs and the visitors who are visiting and reading our blog entries. wilf tells me that most of the readership of his blog/website consists mostly of fellow advisers from the financial industy. in fact, wilf reckons that more than 90% of his readers are tied agents/financial advisers but from time to time, there will also be prospects who will contact him to arrange a meeting with him.

my comments:

although i can not be sure, i agree with wilf that the vast majority of the readership of my blog will probably come from the financial industry itself.

how do i know this?

all of the advisers who have joined promiseland independent shared with me that they know me first through my blog and also from reading articles in the local printed media with my name being quoted.

i have stated that one of the aims of my blog* is to provide a one-stop centre on everything u need to know on insurance and i have not shifted my position, since my first blog entry in 2006, despite the fact that very few consumers outside the financial industry visits and read my blog entries.

if i have succeeded in raising the (fq) financial quotient of consumers, be they from the financial industry or not, i would have achieved a level of satisfaction in doing what i love doing and even if there is only one person visiting and reading my blog, i would still persist in blogging for this person alone.

*note:
here is a reproduction of my maiden blog entry on march 02, 2006:

intro

hi,

my name's patrick lim, an independent financial adviser and in my 9th year in the financial services industry. i've created this blog as a resource centre (available 24/7) on anything u need to know about insurance but were afraid to ask. kindly post any queries and i'll do my best to respond to each and every query.

best wishes,
patrick lim

No comments:

Post a Comment