Friday, December 2, 2011

pet peeves?

i suppose everyone of us has our pet peeves. today, two of my pet peeves happened, one after another, just slightly more than one hour apart.

pet peeve number one is when a propect who called me when i was in my office approx a week ago requesting to meet at city square mall (coffee and tea leaf outlet) in the evening to discuss his protection needs.

i waited for more than an hour and at the same time, realised i did not have his mobile number as it was an unregistered one. it then struck me that i have become a victim of another person's idea of a joke and or prank and i became a 'willing' party simply because i was too naive.

after this, i had dinner and strolled into the ntuc-fair price supermart to purchase my favourite yeo's canned drinks. on offer was 3 cans for $1.90.

pet peeve number two happened at the check out counter, and the cashier (a lady who was probably in her late 50s) charged me $2.10 and insisted was the correct pricing. i told her it was on offer for $1.90 but she did not accept my explanation. rather than spending more time arguing, i went to the supermart's office and spoke to the manager on duty who confirmed the pricing to be $1.90.

my comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment