Thursday, August 11, 2011

insurer: sorry


the following letter appeared in the st forum on august 03, 2011 which i posted in my blog on august 04, 2011:

Insurer doesn't deliver on promises

IN MID-APRIL, I wrote to my insurer, MSIG Insurance (Singapore), to ask why a premium was debited from my account on Jan 6 when the policy - an accidental death plan - was terminated when I reached 75 years old in August last year.

I received no reply. The next month, I wrote in again, this time to the office of the chief executive officer. There was no reply either.

The absence of a reply is in marked contrast to its previous promises to be committed to a high level of service, and to serve me with a professional as well as personal touch.

All I wanted explained was whether it was legal to debit premiums from a policy that had been terminated.

Lee Boon Chui

today, mr takaaki nakamura, the managing director of msig has responded:

insurer says sorry

WE APOLOGISE to Mr Lee Boon Chui ('Insurer doesn't deliver on promises'; Forum Online, Aug 3) for his unpleasant experience with MSIG.

MSIG is committed to providing a high level of service and handling our customers' feedback in a fair and prompt manner. We have explained the delayed deduction and resolved the matter with him amicably.

Takaaki Nakamura
Managing Director
MSIG Insurance (Singapore)


my comments:

generally, in my entire time in the financial industry, i find the following words; please, thank you and sorry to be almost non-existent or perhaps, people have seemingly forgotten that these words remain part of the english vocabulary.

therefore, it is good for the top honcho himself, mr takaaki nakamura to have said so himself to one of his customers and put right the unpleasant experience of lee boon chui behind them. but more importantly, the company must have learnt from this and going forward, deliver outstanding customer experience each and every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment