Tuesday, August 30, 2011

adopting a new business model


i honestly can't remember how many so-called prospects and sometimes, referrals that i have served in the past 13 years or more (i'm now in my 14th year in the financial industry) and expanded many hundreds of hours with them, including saturdays and public holidays and the net result has been totally negative or if u like, a lose-lose situation for both myself and my company, promiseland independent.

take today, being the end of the holy month of fasting, hari raya puasa and a prospect insisted on meeting up and i naturally obliged.

after the usual pleasantries, our meeting came up to nothing more than asking me for quotations for himself, a young working professional who had no regard to a full or even partial financial needs analysis.

and the most unkind cut was when he posed this question to me:

"do i get anything for buying insurance from u?"

my comments:


throughout our meeting, i can sense that my prospect is more interested and eager in receiving either a hefty rebate or gifts or both from me.

on this, i must state categorically that i will not enter into any business relationship by the inducement of rebates or gifts or whatever. if the person in front of me is focused on receiving unbiased independent advice and choices, then that is surely the right way to look me up.

therefore, it is sad that having been taken for so many rides since i first started my career, i will have no choice but to re-examine my business model.

going forward, do be rest assured that genuine prospects and referrals will continue to benefit from what i can offer them but for those who harbour any other thoughts should not even contact me. and let me repeat my request, do not attempt to waste away your time and mine as time is a very precious commodity which should be treasured and used prudently.

No comments:

Post a Comment