Tuesday, February 1, 2011

pa plan


this morning, something happened on my way to work. as per normal, my preferred way of commuting to work is by the use of my legs, ie; walking. as i reached the traffic junction of rochor canal walk and jalan sultan, i paused to look out for traffic and from where i was standing, the lights were red, which meant i could cross the traffic junction.

but as i took a step, a light brown bmw saloon car whizzed past me, brushing against my bag slung on my right shoulder. for a moment, i froze in my step. and i was too stunned to gaze in the direction of the vehicle that was speeding away from me.

my comments:

the reputation of the singaporean driver is agruably well known to be aggressive/offensive and what a way for me to experience this personally on an ordinary day while walking to my office. but what this driver did went way above offensiveness because he deliberately drove against the red light and broke the law. my, my, thanks to this driver, i had a close brush with death and who knows, i could have been knocked down just like that and died or even sustained serious injuries.

which just goes to illustrate why life is so fragile, very much like the morning dew which lingers and is gone before u could say jack robinson.

that's why i will always strongly recommend a pa (personal accident) plan as part and parcel of any wealth protection portfolio and is a cost effective way to cover accidents and death due to accidental causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment