Thursday, February 10, 2011

the customer is always right?


one of the value-add services which i carry out for my clientele or for some of them is to purchase the medical report on their behalf at their request. this involves doing some 'leg work' and admin stuff incurred on my part.

but i have absolutely no idea why they should wish to buy the medical report but if the cost is too high and there are no abnormalities found in the tests, i will sggest to my client to drop the idea of purchasing the medical report. i remember this well in the case of a cfo of a fortune global 500 company who heeded my advice not to fork out close to $300 for his medical report (even after a 50% discount given by the insurer) which was pretty comprehensive including stress test of his heart, blood tests, chest x-ray, urine tests, hiv test, etc.

but back to another client who not only did not pay me for his medical report but had the gall to imply that i was earning an additional commission from the purchase of his medical report.

my comments:


first, i must state that i do not receive any commission or cut from the insurer for any client who wish to purchase his/her medical report from the medical tests which is usually part and parcel of the underwriting requirement in any insurance application.

and what can i say about this client who 'cheated' me for not paying for his medical report and even cast aspersions on my integrity.

i thank God this client is just one out of a million.

No comments:

Post a Comment