Sunday, June 5, 2011

no, we don't need sleep especially on our rest day!


today, i had a rude awakening from my slumber at approximately 0715 hours this morning not because of the rain (which saw some areas being hit by flash floods) but due to the incessant sounding of a multitude of car horns (would u believe it?).

my curiosity was aroused and so i looked out my window and saw a convoy of 6 cars with a bmw saloon car fitted out with decorations. next, i saw a guy dressed in a matching beige jacket and pants surrounded by a photographer and another person holding a video camcorder.

it took my slow mind many more seconds to register that i was witnessing what was perhaps a wedding ritual.

my comments:

i believe many other folks must also have been awakened because what i heard being spoken (or shouted) cannot be put into words here. i myself have entertained many unholy thoughts towards the people making up the wedding convoy.

in all of my existence here on earth and in our tiny red dot nation, this is indeed the very first time that i have had my beauty sleep interupted. or perhaps the groom was in a state of delirium and this was his way of throwing in an unofficial 'invitation' for the whole neighbourhood to join in his wedding.

or perhaps he wanted to make a grand entrance and announce his wedding to whoever was within earshot of his 'wedding symphony' composed by his best buddies' car horns making up his wedding train.

or even perhaps he may hold the assumption that everyone is already up and getting on with their start of the day.

i can go on and on but what's my point of bringing this up?

well, if i relate this to my business, i have been treated much, much worst by prospective clients with anything from being super late for our appointments (the icing in the cake was with someone who 'forgot' our appointment and he was already more than 60 minutes late) to not even turning up for the appointments without so much as notifying me. but the absolute worst was a referral who pre-ordered our dinner menu and graciously allowed me to foot the bill at a classy chinese restaurant without doing any business with me. and so on and so forth.

i must confess i have had more than my fair share of very negative experiences in my entire 14 years in the financial industry and going forward, the solution may be pretty sweet and simple which is, i'll just have to exercise more wisdom in my day-to-day running of my business.

ps: if the groom and his bride should be reading this blog, allow me to wish u a lifetime of wedding bliss. and last but not least, please do not expect me to include both of u in my gift list this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment