Thursday, May 26, 2011

Booked table but didn't show up? Pay up


there was a recent article with the same title published in the straits times on may 13, 2011.

many of our restaurants now reserve the right to charge a fee if diners do not show up after they have made a reservation.

these restaurants have resorted to such measures citing food wastage and loss of revenue from no-shows, resulting from turning away other customers to accomodate the reservations.

such policies are also common in popular restaurants in countries such as Australia and the United States.

my comments:

if i have made such a policy of no-shows since my entry into the financial industry some 14 years ago, i would probably have banked in many thousands of dollars into my personal bank account.

yes, the irony of wanting to serve others have also affected me through the collective number of no-shows from my rookie days till present time.

would it be too much to ask or expect of my prospects/referrals/clientele to honour their appointments with me?

sigh.......

No comments:

Post a Comment