Thursday, August 4, 2011

insurer doesn't deliver on promises


Aug 3, 2011
Insurer doesn't deliver on promises

IN MID-APRIL, I wrote to my insurer, MSIG Insurance (Singapore), to ask why a premium was debited from my account on Jan 6 when the policy - an accidental death plan - was terminated when I reached 75 years old in August last year.

I received no reply. The next month, I wrote in again, this time to the office of the chief executive officer. There was no reply either.

The absence of a reply is in marked contrast to its previous promises to be committed to a high level of service, and to serve me with a professional as well as personal touch.

All I wanted explained was whether it was legal to debit premiums from a policy that had been terminated.

Lee Boon Chui

my comments:

i will withold any comments and await the response from the insurer and in this case, msig, which is one of many general insurers in singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment