Wednesday, October 19, 2011

tokio marine life insurance - launch of enhanced tm legacy plus (lp)


tokio marine life insurance formally launched their enhanced tm legacy plus (lp) product on october 14, 2011.

today being the usual scheduled slot for my monthly life insurance training, i presented an update of mpv (minimum protection value) products to my company's advisors.

when i came to the point of touching on the enhanced tm legacy plus (lp) product, one advisor voiced a difference of opinion in terms of the use of the word, enhanced which was pointed out to me.

this advisor preferred the use of the word, revised, rather than enhanced.

my comments:

i do not know why there should be such 'a mini storm in a teacup' raised over the use of the word, enhanced or revised.

but this is where advisors may differ in their opinion. and that's why i always try to focus on the facts, rather than the latter.

but the fundamental truth is that whether it should be enhanced or should it be revised rest entirely on semantics and it will not make any iota of difference to the product that has just been launched.

and more importantly, the enhanced or revised tm legacy plus (lp) must be benchmarked against the competition and not be referenced agsinst it's predecessor, the older tm legacy plus (lp) which is still available until october 31, 2011.

in the final analysis, if protection and budget are key considerations, the enhanced or revised tm legacy plus (lp) stands heads and shoulders against the competition and that my dear reader, should be the basis of how it stacks up in the current mpv space.

ps: the previous week was a time of grief for me and my family and particularly for all of my in-laws.

why?

i say this with sadness more than anything else that the advisors present at my training session this morning should have been more 'sensitive' after learning that i lost my brother-in-law to a heart attack just a few days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment